Professional handling, open access. Photography goes Future
In cooperation with the municipality Bruneck, the government office ”Amt für Film und Medien” (responsible for the issues of film and media) and the department “Abteilung Museen” (responsible for the public museums) of the Autonomous Province of Bozen – South Tyrol, the “Tyrolean Archive of photographic documentation and art (TAP)” realizes the project Interreg V-A “Cultural treasure photography”.
In the project, guidelines for Tyrol and South Tyrol will be developed, which are necessary for the competent handling with historic pictures. The guidelines will be developed with different workshops. The outcome is going to be presented on a website, as a mobile application or as an E-Learning-tool. The data of the project will be processed as Open Content, which means, that they are open for the society and available for the public: parts of newly revealed photo collections, published under CC license, can be easily used from everybody. Other possibilities will be explored with a Hackathon, an event for young entrepreneurs of start-up companies.
The association “Tyrolean Archive of photographic documentation and art” is the lead partner of the EU-project and takes care of the overall coordination as for the progress and realization of the project.
In the course of activities, the association TAP is mainly responsible for the mobile application for smartphones, a virtual and real exhibition as for the website “Plattform Lichtbild”.
Partner of the project:
- Association Tyrolean Archive of photographic documentation and art (TAP), Lienz
- Municipality Bruneck
- Government office „Film und Medien“, department „Deutsche Kultur“, Autonomous Province Bozen-South Tyrol
- Department „Museen“, Autonomous Province Bozen- South Tyrol
- Tyrolean State Museums, Innsbruck
- Tiroler Bildungsforum, Innsbruck
- South Tyrolean Provincial Archive, Bozen
- Euregio Tyrol - South Tyrol - Trentino
Keyword „Professional handling“
- five workshops - open and free of charge – dealing with the following issues:
- History of photography in Tyrol and South Tyrol
- Photography law and Creative Commons
- Store and arrange photos correctly
- Date: 04.09.2018
From: 9.00 AM until 5.30 PM
Location: Castello di Brunico
Unknown man, about 1935
(Photographer: Maria Egger; Collection Town of Lienz – TAP)
- Date: 04.09.2018
- Digitization and image editing
- Digital long-term archiving
- five written guidelines for the competent handling with historic pictures regarding the issues of the workshops
- E-Learning-tool dealing with the topic of professional handling with historic photography
- consulting service/contact person for requests concerning the proper handling of photo collections
Keyword „Open access“
- two exhibitions
- two exhibitions online
- a mobile application for smartphones
- The project results will be collected and presented on the website „Plattform Lichtbild“, which will provide vast and comprehensive information on the topic „historic pictures in Tyrol and South Tyrol“ (parts of collections published on the website under CC license).
- periodic Newsletter with news to the different issues
Lienz, about 1890 (Photographer: Johann Unterrainer; Collection Gernot Meirer – TAP)